Saturday, November 3, 2007

Martial Law

Naveen texted me today going "MARTIAL LAW IMPOSED! We're all gonna die! Aaaaaah!" Though, technically, it's going to be declared at 8 p.m.
Hold on, I just noticed it's 8 already. Whatever. So now we're a country under martial law. Naveen is in a state of panic. It is comforting, how optimistic she is about it. She keeps going on about how we're all going to die and how we have no future if we stay in Pakistan. So she suggests we migrate to anywhere but Iran and Syria because "they're about to get bombed". China sounds nice 'cause I always wanted to go there and get Chairman Mao wrist watches, the ones where his hand moves in a wave with every second that ticks by.
Since our new system of law has harsher punishments, it's better we move because there are many people here that I'm so ready to kill and maybe one day I'll snap and do it. And then it'll be all death penalty for Aziza.
I wonder what martial really means since the word describes a law and an art. I have wikipedia open so I searched on it except all I got was a brief bio of some Latin poet.

Okay, I checked on some dictionary site and martial means war-like. Which explains a LOT.

So yeah, we're dead. Now to decide where to move. I say China! I can drop out of school and work in some toy factory and pour lead into Dora the Explorer dolls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

China's chill. I wouldn't mind moving there.

Anonymous said...

Could you get me one of those Chairmen Rice watches too?
I think we should go to Japan, it is SO much cooler.

Aziza said...

Chairman Rice? Who's THAT? Chairman Mao is the one with watches!
Um, can you get those watches in Japan? No. So... no.

Anonymous said...

Great work.