Saturday, November 10, 2007

Here's the Church, here's the steeple.

Watched an excellent documentary yesterday on marriages on National Geographic. It featured child marriages in India, polygamy in Sudan and same-sex marriages in Europe. The best were the child marriages, though the gay marriages were pretty cool too.
Though, it must be said, the gay couple was definitely cuter than the lesbian one. The groom and groom looked adorable together. Kinda like brothers, but um, that's just wrong. But the child marriages were better 'cause one of the brides totally broke down and was taken down the 'altar' sobbing her head off and the groom was all worried about being stuck with this little wreck now.

Anyways. those kids had it good because today we had school. Yes, on a SATURDAY- it's all that meanie Bhutto's fault who just had to waltz into our already perilous city and bomb 600 people. Anum, like many, didn't want to come to school but we all had to go 'cause the conniving admin had scheduled the History test for today and it could not be missed. Only the kids with Diwali got to give the test on Monday. Anum was fully prepared to turn Hindu for a day and was planning on getting a letter announcing her change of religion signed by her mum to give into the office BUT her mother, God bless her, would not encourage such (clever) blasphemy.
Which is good because Anum would make a terrible Hindu. When I said "Oh, cool, so you won't have to take Islamiat either!" she said "No, I will take Islamiat". I asked her why and she went "Because, you know, I'm not practicing the religion, just reading about it. And Hindus like reading! I think. They do, na?"
It's a blessing Anum was not in the Muslin League before partition or she would have easily killed any chances of us having an independent country, I am sure.

Speaking of school, Crazy Week starts with Monday. It's going to be alternate days of supposed "craziness" where we dress weird. Monday is Crazy Shoes Day. I'm so sure school is going to be a blast when I'm wearing random shoes! Oh, my God, it's gonna be so much fun!
I wrote a poem on it last night when I was supposed to be studying for the History test, except that too is quite lame, as the whole idea of Crazy Week itself. The poem is also the reason I got 16 out of 25 in said test.

I also Elfy-ed the Dora the Explorer clips together last night after cracking open my History book and they look WAY better now.
I am also happy to report that Fox News is back. I celebrated with watching The Factor with Bill O'Reilly, Bill being someone who can totally pass for an evil Chinese warlord if he gets a beard (emphasis on the evil, please).

As an ending point I would just like to clarify that I am totally up for polygamy and premature marriages as long as I'm the polygamous spouse and I get to marry Gel Boy.
He is the cutest 7th grader to ever exist. No arguments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im mentioned in your blog! Awwww i feel so special! :D

Anonymous said...

Exceot you kinda insulted me.Oh well im gonna rip your head off in school tomorrow.BYE!

Anonymous said...

your obsession with those Dora clips is kinda creeping me out...

Anonymous said...

Hello young child of mine. I see you have mentioned me in your blog. I think we should get married. I like girls who think of me as Chinese warlords.