Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rhyme Time

Why is it that whenever I listen to any song based around a girl, the supremely intelligent lyricist can not find any other word to rhyme with 'girl', but 'world'? 'Girl' is not like 'orange'. MANY words rhyme with 'girl'. Here, I've made a list of these words in half a minute flat:

* curl
* whirl
* twirl
* hurl (obviously not for a particularly romantic song)
* swirl
* pearl (Prince has used this one. Good boy.)
* unfurl
* churl
* merle
* Earl

I hope someone learns something from this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the music on your blog.



I also love your blog.



and you. :)

Abdullah Tariq said...

Why sing about girls? :( Girls are boring. :D

Aziza said...

Aw, Myra, you make me so proud of this blog. :D
I love you too. Long! Time!

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey yo yo listen up girl
you rock my world
your teeth are like yo, yo pearl[s]
i love the way your hair twirl[s]
yo yo check it out girll

A.y.l.a said...

completely off the topic, but i love the song about a girl-nirvana :D