Sunday, March 8, 2009

Colour me purple

Nestle has given me chocolate, juice, Smarties. Nestle has given me a lot. And today Nestle betrayed me. Today I saw it's true colour. And that colour is WHITE.
I made coffee today, you see. To pass time during the electricity's nightly departure. And then I decided to add some Coffee Mate to the mix. Because it was lying around and looked fancy. My father uses it. After pouring in as much as I could dislodge from the container (it was stuck to it, I believe the vapour from the coffee has a part in this), I added some milk to make up. Because naive little me thought that Coffee Mate was just a packaged powder milk. It's not.
Credit goes to my very resourceful brother for this (he also figured out that my photo booth snapshot is actually a STICKER). It is he who told me that Nestle's Coffee Mate is not milk at all. It is coffee whitener. Yes, it does say so on the package, except I didn't read the package because there was no light.
Back to the subject: coffee whitener. Can you believe that? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS? Why would anyone just want to whiten their coffee for no reason? What's wrong with black coffee? Is it too African-American for you? YEAH?
It's sick, Nestle. SICK.
And my father is a racist, I suppose.

5 comments:

Abdullah Tariq said...

That's why we as humans should drink TEA.
Sirf chaye.

Myra said...

black coffee's too bitter, that's why.

blackholesandparalleluniverses said...

Did it still taste like coffee though?
Or did it just taste like icky white stuff?
There should be a name for that, coffeeist.

I avoid coffee like the plague and drink tea/bubble tea instead :)

Anonymous said...

Obama is now our president. This coffeee whitener needs to die.


Obama is our president.

Anonymous said...

coffee whitener is the most disgusting thing ever, I was totally shocked when I read the ingredients, it has gross stuff like hydrogenated coconut oil and other such crap. I dont even know how our bodies would be able to digest it, the nasties probably just go and sit in our bodies somewhere.