Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Special

Economics makes a second appearance on my blog as I share with you what it has taught me this year.
It has taught me that Pakistan has an inferiority complex. I base this statement on the many attempts by this nation to be one-of-a-kind.

You see, firstly, did you know that there are many types of inflation? There are. The kind of inflation that takes place in Pakistan is called Stagflation. Let me tell you something about stagflation- it is referred to as a unique phenomena. Emphasis on 'unique'. This is because as inflation rises, unemployment rises too with stagflation. Not a good thing.
Also, did you know that most countries have, like, a law that asks foreign businesses to share ownership with local businessmen? Like India's Maruti-Suzuki? Well there are TWO countries in this world that allow foreign investors 100% ownership on businesses they open on their land. One is Brazil. The other is Pakistan. No points on guessing this one, though.
Oh, and Pakistan's Finance Minister? He is a banker. The Finance Minister is supposed to be an economist. They are, in other countries.

This country has real problems. I mean, I get that everyone confuses it with India or Afghanistan and all, and it really just wants to get it's own identity, but come on, this is just kind of pathetic.
Ashlee Simpson, much?

2 comments:

Myra said...

yayy you posted! *hug*


however, everytime I read your posts, I get a bit of an inferiority complex, I won't lie. But still, your blog is bestest :)

Anonymous said...

i love you too