Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LOUD

There happens to be this one mosquito that buzzes near my ear every night. Every single night. It comes right up to my ear and flaps its wings at me. Last night I had to go to sleep wearing ear muffs (that my father got me this winter for reasons unknown to me) so that I couldn't hear the mosquito.
The mosquito will not let me sleep.
And I have tried bug spray, mosquito coils, Mospel. But nothing has managed to kill this evil, possibly invincible insect.

Why did God even create mosquitoes? Everyone always questions the existence of fruit flies but I understand why we have fruit flies. They are what help in rotting fruit. That's important, because how else would food rot otherwise? There's only fruit flies and fungi.
Okay, this may not be the most valid reason but I still support the underdog.
But mosquitoes? What is the point behind their being? All that they can cause is human death. Either by:
a. Malaria, or
b. Annoying a sleep-deprived person into committing suicide.
And there are already like 45,611,879,592,327 ways for people to die. Accidents, diseases, you name it, it can probably kill a person. Isn't having mosquitoes in this world just for this purpose kind of excessive and unnecessary?

I wish mosquitoes were literate so they could read this post, and realise their self-worth, and just decide on mass-suicide because I can't take it anymore.
Mr. MosquitoKeepMeUpAllNight needs to GO.

4 comments:

uzme said...

hahaha..
I cudnt agree more!
*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Ugh I hate those. Seriously. I could kill all of them.

You know there's this verse I remember, except its about flies. But pretend its about mosquitoes.


"God in His mercy made the fly,
but then forgot to tell us why"

A.y.l.a said...

haha i love the post, and totally agree..
although thank god i havent been a victim in quite a while =]. atleast one good think about the british weather..

the mosquitoes remind me of my younger brother(he's 13 by the way), i donated blood once, and he goes i "donate" it all the time, the only difference is that those darned mosquitoes take it without my permission ..lol

Tazeen said...

if you want to avoid them, you gotta turn into a serial killer ... of mosquito variety