Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Undercover idiot

I can't believe I never got around to writing about this! You see, last week there was a terrorist attack on the Quaid-e-Azam International Airport, Karachi!
Do let me convey to you this remarkable story of courage, clothing, and astounding cleverness.
So, what happened is, this guy, he decides, Y'know what, I'll bomb the airport! Mindless terrorism is so in vogue these days. Now this person who we're talking about was obviously very gifted with intelligence. Inspired by the Lal Masjid incident he grabs his bombing equipment, whatever that might be, and gets to the airport... disguised in a full burqa! He's like, Well, of course no one will suspect I'm a MAN in a burqa, and then I can just get into the airport without stirring up any suspicion. They probably won't even give me a proper security check because of this attire!
Very smart.
So, he gets into the airport. In his burqa. He goes over to some counter to get his tickets/ check in/ whatever (it wasn't specified in the news, sorry). And at the counter he goes and stands in a line in his burqa. He goes and stands in his burqa, in the men's line. Not the women's. In the men's line, in a burqa.
Needless to say, he was caught, stripped and revealed as being, indeed, a man.
A man, and an idiot.

So what do you learn from this, boys and girls? I'd say the lesson taught by all this is that boys and burqas do not go together. This combination did not work out for the Lal Masjid leader. And it did not work out for this suicide bomber.
This may be a new form of terrorism. Making people laugh themselves to their deaths. Although I did not watch BBC to see how much they were enjoying this novel piece of news. They definitely had a blast with Lal Masjid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about this, and I read it like 2 days ago.

Ahh, Pakistanis.

Aziza said...

Very God-gifted nation. Truly.

Anonymous said...

This is very sad. I mean what an image it leaves about Pakistan to the foreigners. Already we are struggling to make our peaceful presence as a nation known...

Because of these idiots, our Islamic attire and dress are extremely under scrutiny... *sighs*

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring account there, it maybe possible that the dude had a clouded judgement and all , you know? I mean "naswar" is a drug, it definetly clouds your senses. Maybe the terrorists paid a naswar druggie into bombing the air port. It is possible. Ofcourse it is.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahah Aziza that was the best thing ever! I can't believe you haven't told me this story before :) hahaha!



hug