Monday, May 19, 2008

Some like it hot

I know I've already given my History CIE (as of this afternoon) but this issue still needs to be addressed. The names.
How can you have a name like Maulvi Tamizuddin or General Tikka Khan and be taken seriously? Just how? "Hello, I'm the Chief Martial Law Administrator for Pakistan. General Khan. Tikka Khan."
In my opinion Maulvi Tamizuddin is a great name for a male stripper and General Tikka Khan was most probably a distant relative of Mr. Burger.
But this is all a thing of the past- um, in more ways than one- and History is now a subject dead to me. Like Zia-ul-Haq! NO MORE REFORMS EVER EVER EVER AGAIN! Three more exams to go and then I can go into hibernation. Will I make it till then? I don't know. I've started spending nights singing Madonna so chances seem slim.

In far more interesting news, guess what's been happening in Nazimabad? Can't guess? Give up? I'll tell you.
I'm not sure when this happened exactly but it's quite recent. This family had robbers break into their house. The two guys stole all their stuff at gun point and then as they were leaving the family started to scream for help. All these other folk came out of the neighbouring houses and saw the robbers escaping so they ran after them, mobbed them, beat them up... and then set them on fire. No joke.
It started quite a trend, that act, because a few days later I suppose, a minibus was hijacked. This other couple of robbers took all the stuff of the travellers and as they were getting out of the bus, one of them tripped. As soon as that happened the travellers and passer-bys decided to take the matter into their own hands once again and proceeded to grab the burglars and barbecue 'em.

The people involved in this feel they were justified in lighting up the criminals because this is a time of rapid inflation. You can hardly afford stuff anymore and to have robbers take that hard-earned stuff away? Quite unbearable, surely. And it's not like our police force is of much help- they practically support the robberies! So the civilians have decided to do what they gotta do.

I suppose if this were America a story as such must be quite horrifying. But let's face it. This is Pakistan. If you don't like something, feel free to indulge in arson. 'Safety matches' happens to be quite an alien term here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I HEARD ABOUT THE THIEFS!!! So funny.

Well not funny but you know...




Justice.

BEWARE ALL YOU THIEFS READING THIS [ This is Aziza's blog..I'm sure there are quite a few ]...WE ARE OUT TO PUT YOU ON FIRE!

HAHAHA OMG FIRE! Like FIRE! Like Anum. Hahah lets put Anum on FIRE because Anum is a theif..well not really but lets just put her on FIRE.

Aziza said...

HAHAHAHA! That is not justice! That is... sick. AND FUNNY!