Sunday, June 22, 2008

Maha-hahahaha!

Today at Naveen's we discovered something very interesting. Apparently there's a band called 'Maha' which is also well-known as the Pakistani Evanescence. We watched their YouTube video. Here, take a nice, hard look:

YouTube- Maha- Uljhan

Hmm, now I wonder, why are they known as the Pakistani Evanescene? What ever could be the reason?

Maybe, it's because this song has the exact same music as that of Evanescene's Everybody's Fool. Sure, the guy who uploaded it has cleared that out for tone-deaf folk in the video information column, but still. If they could pick out snazzy sunglasses for the video and choreograph so well for it that the girl keeps stepping like a foot away from the mike while she's singing because she needs place to flail her arms around, could they not come up with their own music?. But let's give them credit for adding their own guitar solo in between.

Maybe, it's because the video rips off Evanescwence's Call Me When You're Sober video. With the dining bits and the whole part in front of the mirror.

Maybe, it's because the video also rips off Evanescene's Bring Me To Life video- okay, so that's just the teeny lying in bed part, but at this point I can totally use it against them.

So, well, I don't know. Why don't you tell me why this band seems so like Evanescence? Surely it can't be just the fact that it's fronted by a really fake Goth-wannabe girl. Still, you could forgive them because I suppose we should just blame the director, Khalid Manee, for the video. But did you listen to the words?
Tum udaas ho,
main udaas hoon

You're sad/ I'm sad. I am so proud of Pakistan. This has got to be my most favorite band of all times.

But if I've got to be nice- atleast the singer sounds better than I ever will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You suck